The U.S. Department of Defense's Diversity Management Operations Center, in collaboration with Howard University, presents
Taking the Pentagon to the People (TTPTTP)
TTPTTP Program Overview
The mission of "Taking the Pentagon to the People" (TTPTTP) is to expose minority serving institutions, their faculty, staff, administrators, and students to business opportunities and employment opportunities in STEM and other mission critical skills (e.g. contracting, intelligence, cyber) and careers within the Department of Defense (DoD). The DoD Diversity Management Operating Center (DMOC) sponsors this program to promote employment opportunities through internships, contracts, grants, scholarships, and research and development programs. Building bridges through developing new relationships with universities, and enhancing existing partnerships are vital pillars of the program. Participation in the TTPTTP program includes DoD leaders, non-DoD leaders, program managers, recruiters, HBCU/MSI leadership, faculty, staff, and students. This premier strategic initiative helps the DoD maximize its efforts to successfully attract, recruit, and develop a highly skilled Total Force to meet military readiness requirements from diverse demographics and experiences.
For more background information on this exceptional program, visit the links below.
Who Should Attend?
Any of the following from HBCUs/MSIs:
- Any students - Undergrad to PhD level
- All faculty and staff - including but not limited to - HBCU administrators, deans, career planning and placement personnel
- Sponsored research staff
Why Should You Attend?
- If you are a student or alumni with a desire to learn about the vast employment opportunities in STEM and other mission critical skills and careers within the Department of Defense (DoD).
- If you are a student or alumni who would like to talk with recruiters in virtual 1:1 meetings to hear about internships, scholarships, direct hiring programs, and how to navigate DoD opportunities in a virtual environment.
- If you are a member of faculty or staff, looking to attend sessions on research and grant programs, innovative partnerships with small businesses, and faculty leave and sabbatical programs within DoD.
- If you are a student, alumni or faculty member interested in hearing about DoD’s commitment to employment and funding opportunities on your campuses.